Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Our Home and Native Land

Travel is without a doubt an incredible thing. Yet the more I see of the world, the more grateful I am of where I'm from. I've been to quite a few countries on four continents but I strongly believe Canada (the West Coast in particular!) is still one of the best, and it's not hard to explain why.
 
I have never been to another country that puts as much emphasis on celebrating diversity and multiculturalism as Canada does; with a geography that includes everything from extensive coastlines, to lush rainforests, rolling plains and vast mountain ranges; whose national dish is an ingenious combination of three foods (gravy, cheese and french fries) that are each delicious on their own but when smothered together literally taste magical; whose hundred dollar notes smell of maple (seriously, they do!) and where you never need to buy bottled water because the stuff from the tap tastes so damn good.

Whistler, BC


Crescent Beach, BC


Vancouver, BC



White Rock, BC


Tofino, BC




Everywhere is still on my list of places to see but Canada will always be the country whose beauty never ceases to amaze me, and that I'm proud to call home.

No comments: