Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tropical Spices Galore

While in Penang I decided to pay a visit to the Tropical Spice Garden. Being that it's one of the main tourist spots to visit on the island I didn't want to set my hopes too high but it ended up completely exceeding my expectations. 


It was a massive tropical garden (situated right across from the beach) with lots of winding pathways lined with different types of spices. The plants filled the garden with various lovely fragrances, enhanced by the humid air. It was also home to wildlife such as monkeys, lizards and dragonflies, all of which I got to see while I was there. After wandering around for a bit I had a delicious lunch of Pad Thai and tea made with local spices on an amazing veranda from which I could see and hear the ocean.
 

Dragonfly

The veranda where I had lunch

Mmmmmm

"Cat Tails"

Mini waterfall

Huge lizard... I was happy to be far away

At the risk of sounding cheesy, my trip to the Spice Garden made for an almost magical morning.

No comments: